Visit Norton services status page to check if the issue you are facing is related to a known system problem or outage. You find might face different errors like Norton server error 500 with Norton server. However : “server error: we’re working to resolve an issue that prevents us from completing your request. Try again later.”
Steps to resolve Norton server error 500 by running Live Update
Run LiveUpdate to resolve the issue in case the error has occurred due to the problem in Norton activate. Follow below steps to run LiveUpdate
- Start Norton
- Then, click on Run LiveUpdate, after right click on the Norton icon
- Then click on OK, once the Norton LiveUpdate is finished.
- However, until you receive the “your Norton product has the latest protection updates” message, run LiveUpdate.
- Finally, Restart your device after exiting all the programs.
Methods To resolve
1) Uninstall Norton.
- Double click on Norton product, in the application folder.
- On the menu bar, click Norton product, then select uninstall Norton security.
- Then, select uninstall, in the uninstall Norton product confirmation window.
- After that, click on install helper, post typing administrator name and password.
- Now, Click restart. in the uninstaller window.
2) Remove the licence from an unused device.
- Firstly, Sign in to Norton.
- Then select the device you are no longer using, in the device page and click ***.
- Click delete device.
- Select on remove, in the remove device confirmation window.
- Click on done.
3) Install Norton.
- Sign in to Norton.
- For instance, if you don’t have a Norton account, click on create an account and complete the sign in process. If you already have an account, fill the details and sign in.
- Then in the setup window, click on download Norton.
- After that, click on agree and download.
- Then, click on OK to save and open the file.
- After that, double click on the Norton product installer, post-download finishes.
- Click on agree and install to start the installation.
- Select on continue, post LiveUpdate finishes installing updates.
- After that, click on the restart button, in the installation successful window.
- Restart your device to complete the installation process.
To resolve Norton server error 500 on windows 10.
1. Restart your device.
- Exit all programs.
- Restart your computer.
2. Set a default web browser.
- Click on start – settings – system.
- After that, click on default apps.
- Select the web browser that you want to set as default.
- Now, Activate your Norton product.
To resolve Norton server error 500 on windows 8/7/vista/XP
1. Restart your computer.
- Exit all programs.
- Then, restart the computer.
2. Change the default web browser.
- Open run dialog box, after pressing the window+R key.
- Type the below mentioned text and press enter.
3. In the control window
- If user account control windows, click continue.
- In the control panel, next to view by , select category from the drop down list.
- Click on programs in the control panel window.
- Then, click on set your default programs, under default programs.
- Select, your preferred browser and click on set this program as default, under the program, in the set your default programs.
- Finally, click on OK.
Thus, follow these steps to fix Norton server error 500.