Learn how to import/migrate or restore contact from gmail to android
If you have multiple Android devices or you’re planning on purchasing a new smartphone in the near future, you know that all of your Google contacts will be viewable by any Android device you associate with your Google account. But what about those contacts isolated to your phone’s local storage? Since those aren’t stored in your Google cloud, they won’t be available to other devices. So, how do you solve that conundrum?
This is very easy to do by you import/migrate/restore your contacts from the local storage to your gmail account.check out the two process how to import/migrate contact from gmail account to android phone
Step 1: Export your gmail contact from phone
Follow these steps to export your gmail contacts:
- Open the Contacts app (on some devices, such as the Moto X, it may be labeled People)
- Tap the app’s menu button (this will either be the device menu button, such as with the Samsung Galaxy S4, or the overflow menu, which is denoted by three vertical dots)
- Tap Import/Export
- Tap Export to SD card (if an SD card does not exist, tap Export to USB storage — Figure A)
Step 2: Import your gmail contacts
The next step is to import the newly created vCard from the SD card (or USB storage) into your Google account. Here’s how:
- Open the Contacts app
- Tap the app’s menu button
- Tap Import/Export
- Tap Import
- Tap Google
- Select Import vCard file, and tap OK
- If you have multiple vCard files in the location selected, you’ll have to select which vCard file to import — Figure B)
- Tap OK
- Allow the import to complete
So this will help full how to import or migrate contact from gmail to android phone.
Want to check how to import contact from gmail to iPhone Please check here:
Google Contacts is a powerful and free service which Google provides for their users. You can upload the information to Google Contacts, then easily manage and organize the names, numbers, email addresses and all the other details any time you want. It definitely would be helpful if you could import contacts from Gmail to iPhone. Please follow these two methods, and learn how to sync contacts from Gmail to iPhone 7/7 Plus which you have just bought.
Method 1. How to import contacts from Gmail to iPhone in iOS 8/9/10 directly
There are a few differences between the process of syncing to iOS 8/9 and iOS 10. Let’s try iOS 10 first, just three steps to import Google Contacts to iPhone 7/7 Plus. What’s more, we will show you how to sync contacts from Gmail to iPhone 7 from two aspects, one is setting up new Google contacts and importing the contacts to iPhone 7/7 Plus and the other is syncing contacts for an existing Gmail account.
Part 1: How to sync contacts from newly set up Gmail account to iPhone 7/7 Plus
1. Go to Settings > Contacts > Accounts > Add Account.
2. Tap Google and then log in to your Google account.
3. Then you can authorize the access to Google account and turn on the contacts with one click.
Some users are still using iPhone is iOS 8/9. We can sync your Google Contacts to these devices in three steps too. Of course,
1. Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendar > Add Account.
2. Tap Google and log in to your Google account.
3. Turn on the Contacts and tap Save.
Part 2: How to import contacts an existing Gmail account to iPhone 7/7 Plus
1. Go to the Settings app, scroll down and tap Accounts & Passwords.
2. Select an account. Tap the Gmail account for which you want to enable contacts. 3. Tap the turn on Contacts and the selected Gmail account’s contacts will be added to your iPhone 7’s Contacts app.
Method 2. How to Import Google Gmail Contacts to iCloud
In this method, you can choose the contacts you need instead of importing all of them. And you can not only import Google Contacts to iPhone, but also sync contacts to Mac and other devices.
Step 1. Go to Gmail and click Google > Contacts.
Step 2. If you are using the new version of Google Contacts, please go to the old version. The new version doesn’t support exporting.
Step 3. Select the contacts you want to export, and click the button More, then Export, select vCard format.
Step 4. Go to iCloud and log in with your iTunes account.
Step 5. Click the Contacts icon and choose Import vCard. Import the file you just exported from Google.
Step 6. Delete multiple contacts on your iPhone 7/7 Plus.
With those six steps, you can easily import Google Contacts to iPhone 6/6s/7/7 Plus. Then you can sync the contacts to iPad, or directly get contacts from iCloud.
Searches Tags: how to import contacts from gmail to iphone,how to migrate contacts from gmail to iphone,how to transfer my contacts from gmail to iphone,how to transfer my contacts from gmail to android,how to import my contacts from gmail to android,how to move my contacts from android to gmail