Nowadays it has become vital to configure any one of the account to Outlook as it is dealing completely with official scenario. So in those case you have to know how to setup Gmail in outlook 365 so that you make the configuration done.
How to Configure Gmail account in Microsoft Outlook
It sounds hard when you think to know how to configure Gmail in outlook 2016 but it is really easy if you do the Gmail Pop3 settings properly. That is the main work when you have to configure Gmail to outlook. You will have to enable IMAP for that you have to follow the steps.
- Open Gmail log in page and then go to settings option in the right corner.
- Then go to the option Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab
- There you have to enable the IMAP option and click on save changes.
Things to be Configure Gmail settings in your Outlook account –
- Open your account and then choose File tab and in that choose Add Account.
- If it is a new account you are to add then you have to click on first time adding account and then click on next where your email will display.
- After that you have to set up few changes in outlook account by clicking on manual setup option and then click on the option POP and then Next must be selected.
- Then you will be asked to enter account’s details and then go to more settings and choose General tab.
- Select the SMTP option and then click on Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
- You should go to Advanced settings and fill as given below –
Incoming server (IMAP): 993
Use the following type of encrypted connection: SSL
Outgoing server (SMTP): 587
Use the following type of encrypted connection: TLS
(Make sure this doesn’t change your outgoing server setting, above.)
Purge items when switching folders while online: checked
- After filling up you have to click on and then give next in the add account window.
- The password must be entered twice and then click ok.
- A text message would be sent to conform that it is you after that you will find the test account settings box open there you have to click on Close.
- Now you will have to enter the password and id again and log in again and then you can click on Finish in the setup box and here the steps are over.